Special Software and Computers
The MS3 group has two power-full a computational servers. The server MS3srv2 consists from:
- 1 x HPE DL360 Gen10 Intel Xeon-Gold 6230 (2.1GHz/20-core/125W) FIO Processor Kit
- 1 x HPE DL360 Gen10 Intel Xeon-Gold 6230 (2.1GHz/20-core/125W) Processor Kit
- 8 x HPE 32GB (1x32GB) Dual Rank x4 DDR4-2933 CAS-21-21-21 Registered Smart Memory Kit
- 2 x HPE 4TB SATA 6G Midline 7.2K LFF (3.5in) SC 1yr Wty Digitally Signed Firmware HDD
- 2 x HPE 480GB SATA 6G Read Intensive LFF (3.5in) SCC 3yr Wty Digitally Signed Firmware SSD
So, it has in total 256 Gbyte of RAM and two times Intel Xeon-Gold 2.1 GHz/20-core Processors.
The second server MS3srv1 is older and, as result, has a configuration that is not that powerfull. But it still has 128 GByte of RAM and can run quite effectively many modern software packages that need high computational power.
The servers are used to simulate various physical phenomena and to solve optimization tasks in the area of applied electromagnetism, radar sensing and wireless communications, including the numerical analysis of electromagnetic structures with the commercial and in-house-developed software.
FEKO and CST Studio Suite(R)
Remote work with Matlab
* * *
Back to the MS3 group facilities
Where are they now? Marc Vizcarro i Carretero
Master students come and go... after an intensive period working in the group, they return home, find a job, or have other opportunities they take. We donβt always know where they go, how they are, and how they experienced their time at TU Delft. We asked Marc Vizcarro i Carretero, a Masterstudent who graduated on the 13 day of August 2019, to share his story...