Information for candidate postdocsLike for PhD students, almost all postdoc positions are linked to funded research projects. Positions become available once a project is funded. This can happen at any time during the year. Once a project is funded, the open positions will be filled as soon as possible. Typical appointment periods are for 1 to 1 1/2 years.
If you are interested in our research, it merits to inquire whether openings will be available. We collect resumes of prospective postdocs throughout the year.
General requirementsWe make our selection based on the following requirements:
- Formal requirements regarding prior education: you should have earned a PhD thesis at a recognized university.
- Background: this depends on the specific project.
- Excellence, as determined from your MSc Grade-Point-Average, awards and other recognitions.
- English: you should be able to communicate well in english (written and oral). Provide TOEFL/IELTS scores if available.
- Originality: your PhD thesis and related work (publications) should reflect original ideas that can be clearly pointed out. Critical and independent thinking is very important.
- Team player: you should be able to work well in a team of other project members.