Events in 2012 (31 Dec 2012)
- November 5 - The Telecommunications Colloquium: at 14:00 in BordewijkzaalDr. Zongbo Wang, who was working with us in 2009-2011 as a team member of the PARSAX project and currently holds the position of associated professor in the Dalian University of Technology, China, made a presentation "My post-TUD research progress and experience"
- November 5 - The successful defense (with cum laude) of the PhD thesis "Compressive Sensing and Fast Simulations. Application to Radar Detection" by Laura Anitori took place at 12.30 in Aula. Our congratulations, Dr. L. Anitori! - read more...
- November 5 - The Telecommunications Colloquium: at 09:30 in Bordewijkzaal Pavlo Molchanov, Ph.D student from the Tampere University of Technology, Finland, winner of the EuRAD-2011 Best Paper Award, made a presentation "Classification of ground moving targets using spectrum based features" - see abstract
- November 3 - Stephan Groot , who did his project and defended MSc thesis within our section in close cooperation with Thales-Netherlands, won the EURAD-2012 Young Engineers Prize for the article "Model-based Classification of Human Motion, Particle Filtering applied to the Micro-Doppler Spectrum" by S. Groot, R. Harmanny, H. Driessen, and O. Yarovyi. Our congratulations!
Stephan Groot, the winner of the EURAD-2012 Young Engineers Prize, and Timofey Savelyev, the winner of the EuRAD-2012 Best Paper Award, with their Diplomas
- November 3 - Dr. Timofey Savelyev and Prof. Alexander Yarovoy won the EuRAD-2012 Best Paper Award for the article "Fast imaging by 3-D deconvolution in short-range UWB radar for concealed weapon detection". Our congratulations!
- October 31 - November 2 - The 9th European Radar Conference (EuRAD 2012) has been held in Amsterdam RAI as part of the European Microwave Week 2012. Members of our section took active role in the organization of this "major European forum for the present status and the future trends in the field of radar technology, system design, and applications."
- August 23 - The MSc student Maarten van den Oever successfully defended his thesis "A space based FMCW SAR system ". Our congratulations! - see abstract
- February 8 - The Telecommunications Colloquium: at 12:30 in Bordewijkzaal MSc student Eugenio Pasqua made a presentation "UWB FMCW radar for concealed weapon detection: RF front-end development" - see abstract
- February 2 - The Telecommunications Colloquium: at 15:00 in Bordewijkzaal MSc student Maarten van den Oever made a presentation "A space based FMCW SAR system" - see abstract
- January 12 - Teun de Groot, PhD student on the STARS project, received the First Award form the STARS Project's Technical Advisory Board for his poster "Resource Allocation for Reconfigurable Multi-Sensor Network", which he presented during annual STARS Plenary Session. Our congratulations!
Teun de Groot receives First Award for his poster from Wik Jongsma, Director Future Technologies - Thales Nederland BV
Happy New 2012 Year!